DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Marcia's quilt

This is another memory quilt that I completed in the past few weeks.  It has been a work in progress for some time.  I had finished the center square last fall.  I had sketched two different designs and ended up combining the two to make this wall hanging for my cousin Marcia.  Marcia's mother was my first cousin and she was killed in a traffic accident when Marcia was a toddler.  The fabrics in the quilt are some of the clothing that had been saved all these years.  The plaids were skirts, the green print was a blouse, and the yellow fabric and lace where from a yellow dress.  Buttons are from one of the skirts. 

Since I was working with small pieces of fabric cut from the garments, I had to spend lots of time in the design process.  I mailed the quilt to Marcia in Kentucky and she is very pleased with the quilt.  When I visit Ky later this year we will embellish the quilt with some of her mother's jewelry and possible some photographs printed on fabric. 

No comments: