DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Altered Art Fabric Book






My sister and I sometimes get together to work on art projects. Our project this week has been an altered art fabric book. The theme of this book is Christmas. We worked in my studio on Saturday and Sunday planning and making the fabric backgrounds. We then began adding our own embellishments to the pages. Today I completed my pages. These are a few of the pages. My granddaughters are shown in Betsy McCall paperdoll clothing. My sister had saved her paperdolls and we selected the angel and cook. We frequent thrift stores and love to use our unique finds in these books. Our first book had a cowboy theme. I have submitted a cowgirl themed book to Sew Somerset.

I haven't made the cover for the book yet. I have a number of ideas but haven't started work on it yet.

I like working in fabric altered books better than paper ones. I'm partial to fabrics.