DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Table Runner




I am back in blogland after a vacation.  I just completed this top for a tablerunner.  I joined the Fresh and Fancy Table Runner of the Month club by Cotton Way at Fat Quarter Shop.com.   This the is January table runner.  I completed the top and the back yesterday.  Later this week I will add the backing and do the machine quilting.  Thus far I have been impressed with the kits.  They include more than enough fabric for the project.  Not like some kits where the fabric is cut so close that one little miscue and the project is trash. 

The fabric for this table runner is Simple Abundance by Moda.  It is reversible as are all the table runners.  One side is "Fresh" and the other "Fancy".   I will post a photo of the back after the runner is completed.   I am now working on the March table runner.  It is so bright and springy.  I have the back completed and now it's time for the front.  Since it has a number of pink fabrics, I plan to post a pic for Pink Saturday later the week.


4 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Hi Pam...welcome back to Blogland! Your tablerunner is really pretty and I do love that block. What a fun Monthly Club and when you are done each month, you have something really useful or for a gift. Moda fabrics are wonderful and I bet the kits are fun to get each month. I'm missing piecing and quilting as it has taken a back burner to other stuff. I'll look forward to seeing your Pink Saturday piece, altho, I'm not doing the PinkThing this Saturday...I will visit when I get back from a weekend getaway! Sue

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This has a very pretty combination of colors and fabrics!

Unknown said...

I love it! I keep telling myself that I am going to make tablerunners for every season but I dont......too many things I guess....Thanks for your well wishes too! I sure appreciate your kindness..........

Susan said...

I am trying to not get bitten by the quilting bug! I love looking at quilt blocks!