DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Monday, May 14, 2012

Redwork Quilt Block

This week I am working on a redword mini-quilt.  My first block is completed.  I am using designs from Anita Goodesign's Baltimore quilt collection.  I am using cotton Size 30 red thread as recommended by Martha Pullen.  I attended one of her workshops years ago and she made this suggestion.  I think it gives it more dimension with the larger thread.  I also purchased red bobbin thread for this project.  I haven't decided on the red fabric for the fabric squares.  I have a few reds in my stash and will audition them when redwork squares are completed. 

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.  We did breakfast with my son's family.  Of course, one of the great things about is being a mom is that then you get to be a grandma.  I truly enjoy spending time with the two granddaughters. 

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Are you doing the redwork by hand or machine? I love this type of design in cross-stitch or embroidery. In fact, I've gotten to where I would much rather work on a project all in one color rather than all the big colored patterns I used to make when I was younger, had more time and my eyes were better. :) Have a great day! Tammy

Unknown said...

I am adoring this....