DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, November 23, 2012

Vintage Montana Box Purse





 
I haven't been thrifting as much as in the past due to health issues.  But I recently visited one of the local Goodwill stores in the area and found this lovely vintage box purse.  There are a few black marks on the white paint but isn't it a beauty. 
 
 
Imagine my surprise when I looked inside and saw that it was "Made Expressly for Missoula Golf & C. C. Montana State Women's Championship.  I wish it had included a date.
 
I'm assuming the names on the houses represent places in Missoula.  Enjoy the tour of Missoula.
Above are The Mansion and The Spinning Wheel.
 

Above are Ft. Missoula, The Depot, and the Missoulian.

 


The ends were labeled Boutique and Hansen's Ice Cream.  


Here is a view of the inside of the purse.  Sure has a vintage look.  I'm so happy with this wonderful find. 
 

 


 

2 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a fun find. It would be nice if it had a date, but it's wonderful that you have the writing inside. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

craftyles said...

What a treasure. I love unique things like this. I'm off to the thrift store today-maybe I'll get lucky!