DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Farewell to log tablescape


I had my final "Holiday" get together yesterday.  I hosted a luncheon for a few friends.  I kept the Log themed tablescape but replaced the blue Christmas balls with pine cones.  I posted a pic of Christmas breakfast tablescape in December.
I added pine cones and a wooden deer (a thrift store find) to give the table a wintery feel.  I kept the same tablecloth.  For this meal I used my ceramic tableware and copper chargers.  The chargers were a gift from my son and daughter-in-law a few years ago.  They purchased them in Mexico.  I love the copper.  I have a large set of the ceramic dishes.  For a number of years my hubby asked the artist, Joyce V, to make certain pieces as my Christmas presents.  I have a service for 8 that includes various sizes of bowls, plates, glasses, goblets, serving pieces, and even a canister set.  Here I'm using my dinner plate, salad bowl, and bread plate.

Our menu consisted of  a wonderful salad of mixed greens, Granny Smith apples,dried cranberries with maple dressing and chicken tortilla soup.  The soup was served in ceramic soup bowls with handles.  These soup bowls are my favorite pieces in the collection.  I'll try to share a pic at a later date.

My holiday entertaining has now come to an end.  Today the table is bare and the tree is coming down tomorrow.  Time to think of Valentines and Reds.

Let the New Year begin!!!


  

No comments: