DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Posh Pink Backpack







I just finished this lovely backpack yesterday. I purchased the pattern from Hope Yoder and the fabric is from Quilters Ranch in Tempe. I was able to use some of my stash for the covered button and the tassel. I loved making the backpack. I was able to use many of those feet that I purchased for my Viking Lily a few years ago. I used the following feet: piping foot, 5 groove pintuck, edge joining, and open toe foot. When I purchased the additional feet in class, I wondered if I would even use them. This little bag got me excited about experimenting with them again after a few years. My Viking Lily is usually in our vacation home in Kentucky. I brought her back to AZ this spring for a cleaning and servicing. She worked perfectly.

I've very pleased with the backpack and was glad I was able to find pink fabric at a local shop instead of ordering online. In this economy, I think it's very important to support our local small businesses. To see Hope's backpack click here. Mine is very similar.

As I was searching in my stash, I found some vintage laces in ivory color. I may make another one using ivory laces. Hope has another bag on her site that I just love. Maybe I'll try it.

2 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Another lovely creation, Pam. I personally don't like pink but your backpack came out really nice.
Way to go, my friend!

Unknown said...

I adore this little pink beauty....I love to make bags too! they are so much fun.....