This is the needlecase that I made from the rooster pincushion fabric. I found the pattern on-line. The original pattern had an applique flower on the front. I decided to use my embroidery machine and add a momogram to the front of the little case. Hope my partner, Dani likes it. I'm still gathering items to include in my vintage clutch. She likes fun and funky. I'll show you all the stuff I send her once my box is in the mail. Just wanted to show you my needlecase and pincushion.
This swap has inspired me to help my GD learn to embroidery. She is 7 and today we had our first lesson. I made her a little sewing box and bought her a purple embroidery hoop. I put some leftover embroidery floss, blunt scissors, and large eye needles in her sewing box. Today she embroidered her initial on a piece of fabric. She used a simple back stitch. She learned to thread the needle, tie a knot, and tie off her stitches. Next week we will use her initial piece to make a small pillow for her room. I didn't take a picture of her work today but will try to remember next week. She is so excited to be sewing and started a second piece with her sister's initial. It is fun to see how excited she wa about sewing.
We tried sewing on paper with the sewing machine but I need to find the right size chair. She had difficulty controlling the foot pedal because her feet didn't reach the floor. We used a thick book but it wasn't the ideal learning situation. We'll try another setup next week.