DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Vintage Hankie Tote



I just completed this Vintage Hankie Tote this morning.  The tote is simple to make.  The focal piece is a vintage hankie placed on the diagonal on the front of the bag.  Bag is lined and top edge is finished with fabric binding.  The vintage hankie was given to me my a friend.  I couldn't believe it when I found this fabric in my stash.   It is a perfect match to the lovely hankie.  As many of my regular readers know, my goal for the year was to use fabric from my stash.  So far I've been quite successful in finding projects that work well with my stash.  To add to the vintage look, I added a vintage crocheted flower cut from a a crochet piece I purchased at a yard sale in KY.

Now on to another Christmas project.

3 comments:

Something Special said...

Very Pretty tote. I have a few of those hankies, maybe I will try this sometime.

Something Special said...

So happy that you got your swap from Margaret. She does really neat makeovers over at her blog. How cool is it that she got to meet you in person! Not many bloggers get to do that!

Unknown said...

I love hankies...this is so pretty....