During the holidays I had seen a segment on a local show that featured these burlap wreaths. I decided to purchase some burlap and make one. I followed the instructions they game and after two trys, decided to do it "My Way". I used the ruffler foot on my Janome 11000 to gather the burlap and then attached it to the foam wreath that had been wrapped in burlap. I like the way it looks with the ruffles done by machine. The first two just didn't seem full enough to me. Once I had finished the wreath, I needed some embellishments. The left over fabric from my Crazy 30's quilt (show below) was on my machine cabinet. The ruffler was on the machine. So I decided to see if I could make a few flowers from the scraps. Here they are. I'm quite pleased with them. They are attached with pins so I can change the embellishments easily. Probably will go on the front door now that Christmas decorations are back in storage. I have burlap left and it may become a little ruffled burlap tree. I saw one on a blog some time ago and I found a wooden candlestick to use as a base. Just need to buy a foam tree.
I'm also liking the Crazy 30's quilt. The top is finished. I've decided to follow the vintage theme and use a yellow and white gingham for the backing. I just happened to have a large piece in my stash. I'm thinking that I will finish the edges with a black binding. So far so good. I'll save it for my quilting project next week.