DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Crazy 30's Quilt


My first quilt of the new year is on my design wall.  I call it Crazy 30's.  It is made from reproduction 30's fabric and the pattern is Simply Crazy by Karia Alexander.  I have purchased the border prints and will add them as soon as I get the blocks sewn together.  

 I purchased a needleplate for straight stitching for my Janome 11000.  I used it for the first time while sewing these blocks.  It really makes stitching quilt pieces a lot easier.  It is also recommended for free motion quilting.  I purchased a special bobbin case and foot for free motion.  I plan to use them when quilting this little beauty.
  Now I'm off the JoAnn's.  I ran out of white cotton thread just as I finished these blocks. 

1 comment:

craftyles said...

I love, love the fabrics you have chosen and the pattern is wonderful. I can't wait to see the progress on this. Some day, maybe I'll get back into quilting. I used to mostly make small wall hanging size quilts. Yours will be great!