DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

May Chestnut and Vine

This is my Chestnut and Vine quilt top after attaching the May Blocks of the Month.  This quilt top is so much faster and simpler than the Civil Wars Chronicles block of the month that I am also doing.  The Chestnut and Vine will last 6 months but Civil War Chronicles is an entire year.  This month we added the "half-square" triangle border and the large triangles around the outer edge.  Here you will see the center block made in April. 

If you are a regular reader you will remember my discussing (or was I cussin') all the half-square triangles that we are making for the Civil War Chronicles quilt.  Well the beauty of the Chestnut and Vine quilt is -----THOSE ARE NOT HALF-SQUARE TRIANGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are made from "Cheater Fabric".  They are cut from a Strip-It piece of fabric.  The fabric features stripes of various prints from the Chestnut and Vine line of fabrics.  You just place your 2 1/2" square ruler (it's a tiny one) diagonally on the stripes and cut.  Now you have a perfect "cheater half-square triangle".  Look closely, can you tell the difference?

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL!  HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

4 comments:

Sonya Badgley said...

Hi Pam,
Wow I love this pattern and the fabric you used. Beautiful.
Happy Mother's day and Happy Pink Saturday to you.
Hugs,
Sonya

PeggyR said...

WOW I love it! Hope you are having a great day.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Very pretty Pam. I'm not a quilter, but my mom is, so I understand what you're talking about with the cheater fabric. Very clever. I'm in awe at all the work that goes into these beautiful works of art. Your precision is amazing.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about since I have no clue about quilting, but you seem extremely happy and your work is always gorgeous so cheat away. HA! Have a great rest of the week. Tammy