DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

A "Real" Country Meal

Last evening we celebrated my DH's upcoming birthday at the Lighthouse Restaurant in Sulphur Wells, KY.  This is a photo from their website.  If you are in the area, and want a country style meal.   This is the place.  We arrived just as a group of people on a tourbus were finishing their meal.  After a short wait, our family enjoyed a great meal complete with homemade pie.  A great way to celebrate a birthday.

We continue to enjoy our time here in the country.  Weather has been frosty in the mornings and many of the leaves are now off the trees and on the ground.  I've worked on a few quilting projects and hope to have photos next week.


4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Those are the kinda meals we would get at Mammaw's house for the holidays. Glad to hear you are enjoying the country life. I forgot to tell you yesterday that I love your new blog look. The header is great and goes really well with the background. Hope your Sunday is a good one. Best wishes, Tammy

Sue McPeak said...

Hi Pam...my goodness but time flies when your havin' fun bloggin' and livin' life. I've been doing lots of both without much time for visiting, so I'm just droppin' in to say Howdy, and invite you to stop by CollectInTexas Gal.

As times change for all of us, our Blogs seem to reflect those changes in our interests, and CITexas Gal has changed a bit with the addition of Tracks of My Texas Ancestors. Yep, I've been bitten by the Genealogy Bloggin' Bug.

I'd love to share the Blogging Genealogy Community with you. I hope you will have a minute to stop by and see/read the 'May I Introduce You To' interview Feature on CollectInTexas Gal/Tracks of My Texas Ancestors by GeneaBlogger.

Sue...CollectInTexas Gal
http://collectintexasgal.blogspot.com/

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!
Hope you enjoyed the dinner.
Hugs

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Oh man! makes me want to make the trip just for the breakfast! If it looks that great, I can only imagine what lunch and dinner is like! Anyway, Hope your hubby had a very special BD!