DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mums and Fall Tablerunner

I completed this Fall tablerunner while here in KY.  It is one of the Fat Quarters.com Tablerunners of the Month.  This is the November one.  It will be a housewarming gift for one of my cousins.  We are going to their new home tonight for dinner and I finished this tablerunner yesterday.  Perfect timing.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.  The patchwork is made using a layer cake.  Love the fall colors.  The back is shown below.  I just used strips of the fabric included in the kit.  I did free motion quilting over the entire runner.


And now a photo of my lovely mums.

Last fall when my sister and I were here in Ky, I bought a small potted mum.  We enjoyed it on the deck while we were here and when we left I planted it on the side of the house.  I explained to my Uncle who cares for our home that if it lived great and if it died, it cost less than $5.00.  IT LIVED and is a lovely large mum this fall.  I'm going to try the same thing with the small yellow mum in the photos above.  Maybe I'll have lovely mums along the side of the house (one mum at a time).  

We are enjoying Fall here in the country.  Lovely day yesterday.  My DH cleaned the gutters and I put mulch around our plants. Today we are having rain. 

5 comments:

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

What a beautiful gift you created! Oh and your mums are amazing!!!!!

Enjoy the rest of the week!

Jacalyn

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Pam, sounds like you are having a wonderful time in KY. That tablerunner is beautiful and no doubt made a perfect hostess gift for your cousin. How wonderful that your mums are there to greet you this season. I hope you have more blooming with each passing year. Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Pam,
Love the tablerunner and your mums.
Hugs

Unknown said...

I love that runner...I need to take lessons from you and learn how to follow a pattern

Cindy Adkins said...

Your work is beautiful! My elder sister and niece are both talented quilters, too. Love the table runner. Best wishes,
Cindy