DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Monday, June 23, 2014

Baby Quilt


 While we were in Kentucky my hubby asked if I could make a baby quilt for him to give as a gift.  He volunteers each week at an eye clinic in Mesa and one of the doctors and his new wife are expecting a baby boy.  I have a friend in Kentucky that runs an online fabric shop.  I quickly selected the fabric and made arrangements to meet her in town to pick up the fabric.  I finished the top while we were in Kentucky.

I quilted and bound the quilt last week.  You can see some of the details below. 

Aren't those animals so cute.  Love that owl with the blue and green eyes!
 
I used my Janome 15000 AciFil Quilt program to add these little curls in the center of each green diamond.  They are difficult to see in the photo.


I find it interesting that baby colors are no longer pastels or just blue, pink, and yellow.  A friend recently painted her nursery bold gray, green, and blue and it looks lovely.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

What an adorable baby quilt, Pam! I love the critters on that border fabric...I'm sure the new parents & baby will love it, too.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===