DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, July 11, 2014

Tote-ally Tote-able Tote




This was my project last weekend.  It is Anita Goodesign's "Tote-ally Tote-able" Tote.  I just love the way this project turned out.  Don't you love those leather handles with the leather flowers and buttons.  I purchased the handles at the Arizona Quilt Guild Show in March.  I knew I'd find a place to use them and they were perfect for this project.

 
Here is a close up of the fabrics and the embroidery design on each block.  The entire tote is made in the hoop of the embroidery machine.  The fabric is from Granny's Attic.  I purchased it when Karen had her shop in Campbellsville, Kentucky but now she has an online shop.  The ribbon was also purchased from Granny's.  The instructions don't call for a lining in the tote but I wanted a lining and pockets.  So I designed and constructed a lining with pockets.  Now it's perfect.  Now I working on an embroidered pillow top in bright colors.

5 comments:

PeggyR said...

I love it. I haven't crafted much, I seem to not do it so much in the summer. I'm busier with the flower garden.

Pam said...

Peggy, The opposite it true here. Too hot to get outside. Good time to stay inside and sew!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Pam,
How are you doing?
I have missed you! :(
Sorry I have been absent from your blog for so long but Google was driving me nuts for 7 months! :( Then in June had to have colon surgery but thank God I am on the mend. Thanks to my daughter and I am back in Blog Land. :)
That tote is AMAZING! Love everything about it. :)
I have some new Geisha Tags on my blog. Please stop by and leave a comment if you can.
Hugs and let's keep in touch

Tammy said...

It is lovely. Nice colors. Hope you've made many more beautiful projects since then. :) Tammy

Unknown said...

Ek is mal daaroor
Dis pragtig

I am mad about it
Itvis beautiful