DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Miss Mattie's Flower Garden



 
My second Scrap Squad quilt was featured on the Quilty Pleasures Blog last week.  I named this quilt after my MaMa Skaggs.  Her name was Mattie.  You can see the original quilt on the blog post.  I used the original block pattern but rearranged the blocks to get a diagonal line that resulted in large diagonal squares. 
 
I auditioned using the scrappy fabric in the center of squares but ultimately decided to go with a solid gray block in the center.  The embroidery design is by Anita Goodesigns. 
 
I decided to use the left overs to make a scrappy border and quilted on my new Avante quilting machine.  I guess you would called it semi-custom quilting.  I did most of the quilt without using the computer but the triangle blocks are Prostitcher designs.
 

I love this quilt!

 

4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very unique with that dark outline. Lovely! Best wishes, Tammy

Debbie said...

I love this quilt, too...and I'm sure Miss Mattie approves. Great quilt, Pam.
xo
Debbie
===^..^===

Quilter Kathy said...

I love it too! It is amazing!

Satta King said...


This is good website you should check once you will correct result
satta king