DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Sunday, January 3, 2016

A New Machine and a New Year.

I surprised the granddaughter's this week with a new sewing machine.  Brother Project Runway Special Edition.  It is highly rated by Consumer Reports as a beginning machine and I read some great reviews on the web.  I got a great deal at my local Mulqueen's Sewing Center.  They were excited when I delivered it to their home.

R-2 (youngest granddaughter) started sewing lessons from Mema (that's me) in December.  She made a pillowcase using the burrito method.  If you haven't seen this method of constructing a pillowcase, just Google burrito pillowcase.

Her next project was a cat.  I found the pattern on Craftsy.   R-2 decided she wanted a gray cat which was the first project on the new machine.  She decided the pattern needed "arms" and a tail.  She drew a pattern and sew "arms" and a tail.  It turned out very cute. 




R-1 (oldest granddaughter)  decided she wanted to join in the fun and made this travel pillow following directions from Crafty Gemini.  If you haven't seen the Crafty Gemini videos, you should check them out.  She makes sewing fun and the granddaughter's love to watch her videos.


The girls made four of the neck pillows on their last sewing day of Christmas Vacation.  They even made Mema one.  We had fun picking out fleece at JoAnn's and fleece was 50% off that day!




4 comments:

Debbie said...

What special gifts!!! I learned to sew from my Mom & Grandma and sewing has always been one of my favorite things to do. Your granddaughters will have so much fun with those machines & special memories of you each time they use it.

BTW...those burrito pillowcases are awesome. I made some as gifts for Christmas & Hanukkah & they were big hits. Now to make some for US!

Happy 2016 to you & yours...
xo
Debbie


Sue McPeak said...

So neat that you are sharing your sewing talents with your grand gals. I am glad to hear about the Brother Project Runway machine. It looks like it has all the right stuff for beginning sewers. I think it is smart to start todays young sewers on computerized machines. They are already so knowledgeable about technology. I love the burrito pillow cases...such a great trick. This generation of sewers are sew smart. I enjoyed seeing your Scrap Squad quilts. Will watch for the last one. Congratulations for being selected and on the quilts you did. Happy New Year and best wishes for 2016.

Julie said...

What fun teaching the granddaughters. It looks like a great machine to learn on. I spent 20 years teaching 4-H sewing, retired last year. My 19 month old granddaughter "helped" me finish her doll blanket at Christmas. She pushed the needle down button and thought it was amazing!

Satta King said...


I m Really looking forward to read more. Your site is very helpful for us .. This is one of the awesome post i got the best information through your site and Visit also this site
play bazaar
Really many thanks