DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Cats Meow Fiber Fragment Shrine




Fiber Art Traders (F.A.T.) is hosting a Cats Meow trade. I decided to make a Fiber Fragment Shrine. I was inspired by Sharon McCartney's article in the recent issue of Cloth Paper Scissors. it was difficult to photograph the item. I tried scanning and that was even worse. Hope you can see the detail of the shrine. i used fabric appliques, button cover, decorative machine stitching, and typewriter key letters from scrapbooking supplies.

3 comments:

morningDove said...

this is a great piece. don't you just love it when you can actually succeed in making a project after viewing it in a magazine. Great job.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

I don't have a cat but your art piece came out really nice. Love it!

Lori said...

Very very nice Pam! Love your cat shrine! hopefully my piece will do me justice! hugs