Happy Pink Saturday
Why the photo of these lovely girls in pink? What do they have to do with Holiday traditions?
My beautiful granddaughters are the reason that our holiday traditions now include a Christmas Day brunch at Mema's and Papa's. As a family, we decided that it was important for the girls to have time with the gifts Santa left under their tree. By having a brunch, the girls have time to play with Santa's gifts for a few hours before leaving for Mema's house and our family gift exchange. (They do Christmas Eve at the other grandma's.)
One of the family's favorite Christmas brunch items is the Green Chili Casserole. The recipe is posted below. Sorry I don't have photo of this wonderful (and easy) brunch dish.
Green Chili Casserole
1/4 cup butter or margarine
2 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies
1 16 oz. pkg Finely Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese (available at WalMart)
2 cups milk
1 cup Bisquick
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Melt butter in large casserole dish. Put green chilies over the margarine. Layer cheese over the green chilies.
2. Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl.
3. Combine Bisquick and salt. Stir into egg mixture. Pour over the layer of cheese.
4. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
5. Cool slightly. Cut into serving pieces.
Thanks for visiting today. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. For more holiday traditions visit Beverly at How Sweet the Sound.