DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Monday, March 29, 2010

"J" Quiltie - Jack of Diamonds

This is my April quiltie for Fabric in Altered Arts 2 Yahoo group.  We are doing quilties (6" x 6") with letters of the alphabet as the theme.  Penny, our hostess, selected Jack of Diamonds as the theme of the "J" quiltie.  I decided to focus on the Jack as also representing the number 11.  Since the Jack of Diamonds is red, I used red jewels instead of diamonds as embellishments.  Other embellishments are from my stash of game pieces.  The background is needle felted fibers and trims on a red background fabric.  I continue to work on my goal of "Using stuff in my studio" for my projects. 

Quiltie will go in the mail to Penny today. 

2 comments:

PeggyR said...

That is very cool!

Unknown said...

oohhhh, I love this too....it is a lot of fun....