DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Monday, March 29, 2010

Another Family in Fabric Page


This is my second page for my Family in Fabric book.  This page shown my Grandma.  She always wore button front dresses.  I'm showing two photos of her with a button front dress.  They aren't exactly like the pattern but very similar.  She also always had a belt as does this pattern.  The vintage Butterick pattern is from the 1940's and so are these pictures of Grandma.  The other pattern envelope is one for a pattern she ordered  from the newspaper.  The address is in her handwriting.  My aunt gave me this envelope when I told her I was making the fabric book.

The fabric is from a vintage brown and white polka dot apron.  If you look closely in the bottom left you can see the edge of the pocket with lace edging.  The laces and vintage buttons are from my stash.  I have a box of vintage jewelry and a page dedicated to my Grandma wouldn't be complete unless it had a necklace.  You can see her wearing one in the photo with my grandpa.

I will bind the edges of the page but haven't yet figured out how I will bind them together.  For now I'm just turning under the edge where the book binding will be.   You can see my first page here.

11 comments:

CC said...

Pam..
I love this idea..it's a loving and wonderful tribute to your grandmother,and I love the one you did for you. Such a fantastic idea..and I love it.

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Pam,

This is so lovely. You did a wonderful job.
Smiles and hugs,

Susan

Lisa said...

Lovely! I know you love it!!
Happy Spring!
Hugs, Lisa

JennaLouiseCreates said...

I have been creating some fabric scrapbook pages with family pictures:) I love yours, can't wait to see how you bind them together. They are so very lovely.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Pam, this is just charming...very sweet! A wonderful project!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful! Love all the details and the use of bits of history and family pieces. Many blessings for a wonderful Wednesday. Tammy :)

Unknown said...

I love this Pam....I did something like it a long time ago with a picture of my grandma and some old sewing notions...The book is going to be awesome!!!!

Unknown said...

oh yeah, Pam.....I finished my newspaper dress....take a look and let me know what you think....

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I so love it! I wish I had some photos of my grandma like that.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Very nice, Pam. I wish, I had pictures of my grandmother. :(
Can't wait to see the album finished.

Hugs

Pallas said...

Your fabric pages are wonderful. Are the pages going into a book, will they be a gift or are they for yourself? Such a nice way to display the photos.