DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"T" is for tulip


We are nearing the end of our little alphabet quiltie swap on Fabric in Altered Arts 2.  How time flies, it seems like only yesterday if was making my A, B, and C quilties.   The tulip on this quiltie is fused applique.  Letters are stamped with Stazs On ink.  I added a vintage lace from my stash and quilted with my machine.  Edges are finished with satin stitch.  I love the colors in this background fabric.  Green and Purple are my favorite colors and Springtime is my favorite time of year. 

I'm anxious for those lovely Spring Days.  We had freezing temperatures here in the desert last night.  At 10:00 am I let our little doggie outside.  He went over to his outside water bowl, stuck his head in, and then gave me this strange look.  I went over to see what his problem was -----water in his little bowl was frozen solid.  Poor little doggie had never seen ice in his bowl.  I covered my plants in the flower bed and just hope they didn't freeze.  Many have lost their landscaping this winter.  Strange here in the desert.  I know I shouldn't complain since many of you have sub-zero but I live in the desert.  It isn't supposed to freeze.

2 comments:

mary pernula said...

This is beautiful. HUGS MARY

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Pam,
I love yout T for Tulip Quiltie!
I finished mine and must post it.
Hugs