DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, December 2, 2011

T-Block Puzzler - The Handyman Quilt


I finished this quilt yesterday.  It is for my brother-in-law.  I purchased the kit at a local quilt store.  I loved the "handyman" themed fabric in the kit.  You don't often see a quilt kit with a manly theme.  This one was perfect.  The pattern is "T-Block Puzzler" by Barbara Futoma of Giggling Gecko Designs.  It uses focus blocks and 2 1/2" strips.

I used my Bernina 165 to do the machine quilting.  I hadn't sewn on my Bernina for quiet awhile because I've been working with my Janome 11000.  I've very pleased with the stitching on the quilt.  You can see details of the quilting stitches below.  You will also notice that I used the leftover 2 1/2" strips for the binding.  So you see various colors and fabrics in the binding.

It isn't a large quilt but I'm sure he will be very pleased that I made a quilt " Just For Him".

5 comments:

Unknown said...

How beautiful, Pam. Of course he'll be thrilled, so bright & lovely.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The quilt is beautiful, Pam. I've never a puzzle-like design like that. Very unique. Have a great weekend. Tammy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

What a lucky guy! This is so darn clever, love the fabric selection. Don't believe I've ever seen that T design either.

PeggyR said...

Lucky guy, he will love it!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Pam,
Your Brother-In-Law will be amazed that quilt is for him! It is perfect for a man!
Oh I just uploaded some new photos of Christmas Around my Home if you would like to see them, Please leave a comment. :)
Hope your DH is doing better.
Hugs