I finished another pillowcase today. This one "Don't Let The Bed Bugs Bite". I found the fabric at JoAnns and the bug design in a coloring book. I'm still not pleased with how the thread tails show through. I even purchased a high quality quilter's cotton for this one.
I was reading a book on redwork and the author suggested lining the white fabric with a muslin to prevent the tails from showing through to the front. A friend suggested interfacing but I'm afraid it would wrinkle over time from washing. For the moment I have decided to ditch the white fabric and use a matching solid for the borders. We'll see how that works.
Below is a cute pillow my friend Susan made me for Christmas. She and her DH are our partners in Diamondback Season Tickets. I just love this pillow. I think she had a pattern but again it would be easy to duplicate. It seems that hand embroidery is making a comeback.