DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pillowcases for the Kiddos


My sister and I went shopping this past weekend.  She wanted to check out a Scrapbooking store and there was a quilting shop in the same strip mall.  Of course, we had to visit both.  They had the cutiest embroidered pillowcases in the quilt shop.  They used themed print and then had an embroidery design and wording related to the print on the border.  I thought they would make great Christmas presents for the nieces and one nephew.  They were selling patterns but my sister said: "You can do this without a pattern".  So I gave it a try and found  monkey print and a monkey design in a coloring book.  My only complaint is that I didn't use a heavy weight fabric for the embroidery.  Some of the threads on the back show through to the front.  Since I've been accused of being a perfectionist, I'm not pleased and will shop for a new white fabric.  Otherwise I very pleased with the results.

I'm planning a "Sweet Dreams" with a cupcake design and "Don't let the bed bugs bite" with a bug fabric.  Hope the ladies who designed the pattern don't mind me copying their ideas.  It's been a number of years since I did hand embroidery because I have my embroidery machines.  It was fun to do it the "old fashioned" way.

2 comments:

Nanna said...

pillowcases can be addictive once you ever make that first one lol! I've made a few & love it! love the monkeys!
Helen

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very cute idea! And so wonderful that they are handmade. Have a fabulous Friday. Tammy