DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Finally Feels Like Fall

 
After many days of 100+ weather,  it rained yesterday and didn't reach the century mark!  So I decided to celebrate and decorate the small table in the breakfast nook.  The pumpkin sits on a cast iron lampbase my mother rescued from a junk pile in the 1950s.  I use it as a candle holder but decided it would be a perfect base for the pumpkin.  The glass candlestick is one of last week's Goodwill finds ($1.99).  I made the leaves a few years ago on my Janome 11000 embroidery machine.  Small glass pumpkin is from a glass factory in Louisville.  To complete the vignette, I added my antique celluloid squirrel with rhinestone eyes.

Welcome Fall.

P.S. We will be back in the triple digits next week!

2 comments:

craftyles said...

We finally cooled down here too, Yeah! The little squirrel is simply adorable. I've never seen one like him. Dosen't it feel good to be doing fall decor? Such a cute vignette, Pam.

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Pam,
Lovely vignette! That squirrel is really cute.
Happy Autumn!
Hugs