DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Progress on the Great Outdoors Quilt

I've completed a few more blocks on my Great Outdoors quilt.  This will be the center block.  I've also made a decision on sashing and corner squares.  I finished all the corner squares and they are a dark green hand dye fabric.  The sashing is another hand dye in shades of tan and brown.  So far things are progressing nicely.  Hoping to have the top finished by this weekend.
 
It will look great on the wall in the bedroom in our vacation home.  The new machine is so much fun!  I did take time off to spend with family and friends on Labor Day.  Today I'm back to picking up those lovely grands after school each day.
 
 

4 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That is going to be gorgeous, Pam!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love it Pam, so full of detail and the colors are wonderful. Happy to hear you like your new machine so much, and that you're back in your regular routine of picking up your grandchildren.

craftyles said...

Is that blanket stitch around the edges? It is so homey, and I'm sure it will look so great in you vacation home. Have fun with those grands!

Tammy said...

That quilt will be gorgeous hanging in your vacation home. I would love to take a lesson from you in quilt making ... first we'd had to start with the basics, like cutting and sewing. Ha! Best wishes, Tammy