DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Civil War Chronicles March Block

As many of you know I am making the Civil War Chronicles Block of the Month Quilt.  It is a Block of the the Month at Three Dude Quilting in Phoenix.  This month's chronicle featured Arabella Griffith Barlow, a nurse in the Civil War. 

The March block is shown above.  Again we cut many half-square triangles.  These squares were especially difficult for me.  I'm not sure why I had such a hard time with this.   There are four of these 16 1/2" square blocks.  When I finish these squares, they will be added to January and February blocks to make the center of the quilt.  The completed quilt will be a large 108" x 108". 

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hi Pam, you've changed up your blog look. Very pretty header photo. And Cody is just the cutest! He is nearly camaflouged with your new bedding. :) Lovely quilt block but I can see it would be hard work and fiddly to piece together. Hope you are having a great day. Tammy