DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Another Baby Quilt on the design wall

The young couple living across the street are expecting a little girl the end of the month.  I decided it's about time I made the new little one a quilt.  I searched through patterns but eventually decided on this simple block.  I had a number of 2 1/2" strips left over from the last baby quilt and decided to start there.

Since I'm working to reduce my stash, I selected other similar fabrics and used my Accuquilt GO cutter to cut 2 1/2" strips.  I sewed three strips together and cut into squares.  I then placed then on the design wall to determine a pleasing placement.  Here you see the squares on the design wall.


 I searched through my fabric stash and found the two fabrics above.  I will use the Pooh fabric as a border and the swirls for the backing.  I'm thinking it will make a cute baby girl quilt. 

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Looks good to me! All the fabrics go together beautifully! No doubt it will be greatly appreciated and loved. :) Have a great day. Tammy