The young couple living across the street are expecting a little girl the end of the month. I decided it's about time I made the new little one a quilt. I searched through patterns but eventually decided on this simple block. I had a number of 2 1/2" strips left over from the last baby quilt and decided to start there.
Since I'm working to reduce my stash, I selected other similar fabrics and used my Accuquilt GO cutter to cut 2 1/2" strips. I sewed three strips together and cut into squares. I then placed then on the design wall to determine a pleasing placement. Here you see the squares on the design wall.