DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Jelly Roll Bag


I've been working to complete some Christmas presents.  This is one of the items I am making.  It is made on my Janome 11000 embroidery machine.  The design is Anita Goodesign's "Jelly Roll Bags".   This is an "in the hoop" project made with Jelly roll strips (2 1/2" wide strips of fabric).  The entire project is made in the embroidery hoop.  I love this little bag.  After making the first one, I decided it would be nice to personalize each of the bags since they were already in the embroidery hoop.  I just edited to include the names of people on my gift list.  The little bag measures approx. 4" x 6".

  I finished three this afternoon and plan to make more.  It is the perfect project for those left over fabric strips from other projects.

2 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Love this idea Pam. Personalized gifts are always such a treat and I'm sure that everyone on your list will be thrilled!!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Handmade and personalized make for very special gifts indeed. And these a great way for you to use up those fabric scraps. You are a whiz at everything you do. Hope your day is great. Tammy