DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Lots of Ruffles


Here is a ruffle skirt that I made for my oldest granddaughter. It took quite awhile to make all those ruffles.  I wasn't able to use my  Janome 11000 ruffler for these but instead did the ruffles by pulling threads. The original pattern had six rows of ruffles but she decided that she would like only 4.  The original pattern can be seen below and here at the Pink Fig.

I also made a head band with fabric flower to match the skirt.  Next up is a skirt for the younger granddaughter.  Pink is her favorite.  So her's will have a pink ruffle.  I had hoped to use fabric from my stash but I had to visit the fabric store for this one.  The ruffles require lots of fabric.  I'm using some new and some from my stash.

4 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Pam,
Lovely skirt for your oldest granddaughter. I am sure she will look lovely wearing it. :)
Can't wait to see the other one in pink. I uploaded some new things onto my blog if you would like to see them and leave a comment.
Hugs

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

This is adorable! She'll be so proud to wear it. Isn't it fun to be able to use up the stash we already have?
Thanks for sharing your creation:-)

PeggyR said...

I love the skirt! I'm sure she will look great in it!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Cute! I can't sew a button. I can't even imagine how you begin to do ruffles. Have a great week. Tammy