DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ruffled Tote

Side 1

Side 2

Rosette

Cowgirl fabric

I've finally found the time to get in the studio for a few hours.  I have been busy with DH's medical issues (knee replacement and therapy).  He will undergo another thyroid surgery next week.  We're hoping this is the end of surgeries for a LONG time.

This litle ruffled tote it a birthday gift for my DIL.  I've seen them all over Pinterest and blogland.  I purchased the tote at Michael's and the fabric is from my stash.  I love the cowgirl fabric but unfortunately there isn't much left in my stash. 

I found the tutorial for the rosettes here.  I purchased Aleen's fabric glue at Michaels for these.  I'm very pleased with the rosettes but I did have glue all over my fingers.  Luckly it washed right off with soap and water.  I added a bead to the center of each rosette and then sewed them onto the tote.

It was good to get back in the studio.  I'm also redecorating my kitchen and breakfast nook.  We painted the walls and cabinets prior to my DH's knee replacement.  I ordered a small table and chairs from Overstock.com and we were very pleased with the quality.  This was my first purchase from the site.  I was so pleased with their low shipping charges.  I'll have photos later as I decorate the 60 year old kitchen with  original cabinets and tile.  The tile in the kitchen is one of my favorite things in the house.

2 comments:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Sweet tote and I love the rosettes! You must be a cowgirl at heart:) Looking forward to seeing your nook.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My goodness. Your husband is having a lot of surgeries. I do hope that the thyroid one will be the last. You sure are keeping busy over there with the remodel. Glad to see you took some time to create. I love those ruffly totes. Hope you are having a good weekend. Tammy