DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Scrappity-Do-Dah Quilt

 
This is a Scrappity-Do-Dah quilt top that I made for my sister.  She had wanted me to make a quilt for her and I finally selected a pattern.  I wanted to use up the fabrics in my stash.  I found this scrappy quilt pattern and set out to make the quilt top.  There was lots of cutting, trimming, and squaring up in this design. 
 

Here is another view of the top.  I plan to stitch in the ditch along the  sashing and then add a center medallion to the center where the four triangles meet.  I will use my Janome 12000 quilting program to do the medallions.  It will take awhile but it is to be a Christmas present.  My sister has seen the quilt top and would be happy to have an early Christmas gift!!! She will display it on the bed in her guest room.  The bed is white (a vintage bed that belonged to our mom and dad) so the quilt will look very nice.
 
I'm linking to Pink Saturday.  Please check out our hostess Bev's blog.

4 comments:

Sue McPeak said...

Beautiful, Pam! OMGosh what a lot of sewing, trimming and squaring. I will look forward to seeing the quilting done on your Janome.

Great job, and I know your sister will be so proud of this quilt. Love that it is going on a Family Heirloom Bed.

Sue

bj said...

O, what a delightful, colorful and fun quilt. I love making the tops....and HATE quilting. :))
She is gonna just love this. :)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

That is an amazing amount of pieces and detail...you are so talented, Pam! Your sister is going to treasure it!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Doesn't it feel good to use what you have? I love all the vibrant colors and I'm sure it will be perfect on the guest room bed.