DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Sudoku Quilt Top

 
This was my quilt project for the week.  My Janome 12000 is in for it's yearly servicing and I used my Janome 11000 to complete this quilt top.  I had purchased the Sudoku squares from Moda a few years ago.  The fabric is Lovely by Sandy Gervais.  When organizing my studio last week, I pulled out some easy-to-make projects and this was one of them.
 
The kit only included the Sudoku squares.  The green sashing was from my stash.  I had originally planned to use a bright blue border but when the center of the quilt was finished, I didn't like the blue border.  I searched my stash and found this green that was perfect for the border.  I finished the top yesterday.  I have a bright blue floral for the back and may use blue for the binding.  I won't be quilting until my "baby" is back from servicing next week.  This quilt is to be a graduation gift for a special young lady.

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Hey Pam! Hope all is well. Sure wish we had some Fall like temps happening here but that won't be for a while yet. Yusef will get to experience all the seasons in Colorado and the winter will really be a shock for him. Today was just really bleh! I love how you can just whip up a pretty quilt as a gift in no time. Will certainly be much appreciated by the person on the receiving end. Have a great weekend. Tammy