DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Monday, September 2, 2013

Cowboy Baby Quilt


I finished this quilt recently.  The border and center square feature cowboy themed print.  The squares in this quilt are made of charms from a charm swap I participated in this spring.  Once we swapped charms, then we had a quilt challenge to use the fabric in a quilt.  The quilt had to feature one square made from your fabric and follow a pattern provided.  The block represented your state.  I made my own design for the quilt and am pleased with the resulting cowboy quilt.




 I altered my feature square slightly but it does feature my five fabrics from the swap.  The quilt was a gift for the new baby boy across the street.  The cowboy theme seemed appropriate as the five year older brother told me his baby bother's name was "gunslinger".  Actually his name is Sterling.

As I back to blogging, I'll be featuring my spring and summer projects in the days to come.

1 comment:

Sue McPeak said...

So very cute with the Cowboy Feature fabric. Loved that the big brother said the baby brother's name was 'Gunslinger'...what funny things they say. Good job on the meander quilting. Looking forward to seeing your spring and summer projects.

Sue CollectInTexasGal~Today's Post~
Fruits of Labor Day Labor