DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Grungeboard experiment


I had been reading about grungeboard by Tim Holtz and wanted to experiment with it. I attended a Make-and-Take at Mystic Paper on Saturday where we added color to a grungeboard letter with distress ink and cat eye ink. I had also read that you could sew on grungeboard. Today I decided to give it a try. I had a leather suede coat from the thrift store. I cut a section of suede and washed and dried it. I decided to make a suede cuff incorporating a piece of grungeboard. I selected the grunge swirls and went to work. The board was very easy to color and sew. I did put on a thin coat of sealer before stitching. I think the swirls look like suede after I added to color. The butterfly is a vintage pin that was sewn to the wristband. I added a loop and button. I will probably list this on etsy but I want to experiment with a few others before listing.


There are so many possibilities with grungeboard. I will post picture of project from Make-and-Take tomorrow.