DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Goodies in the Mail



This week I received some wonderful goodies in the mail from swaps on Fabric in Altered Arts. The women in this group are so creative. It's so much fun to open the packages when they arrive. The apron was made by Kathie, my partner in the Red, White, and Blue Apron Swap. See the apron I made for Kathie here. The aprons were designed to be worn on July 4th. This one is just lovely. The apron is completely lined. The front pocket is made from patchwork and the button brooch is made from vintage buttons sewn on to a piece of thick interfacing (like Peltex). I love the apron and will wear it with pride on July 4th.


The tea towels were made by Cathy and Pamela. Aren't they wonderful. Pamela's is made completely of vintage fabric. Cathy's coffee towel is made from a purchased towel and decorated with coffee fabric and trims. They are too lovely to use. I will probably just display them somewhere in my vintage kitchen.