DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, June 11, 2010

June Fabric Postcard


This is my June Fabric Postcard for Fabric in Altered Arts 2.  We don't have a theme this month.  Since I had this fabric left over from the jelly roll bag, I decided to use it for the postcard.  I made the flower by twisting one of the jelly roll strips and sewing along the edge with the hemming stitch on my machine.  I had seen a flower made this way but it was glued to a felt circle .  I decided that I would try stitching the flower to my quilted background.  It worked and I plan to try some on other projects.

I wasn't in the studio on Wed and Thursday.  I am providing transportation for the GDs to attend summer camp and classes.  The five year even has homework for her Reading Readiness class with ASU.  But it's fun and she likes it.  The seven year old is in theater camp and loves it.  She told me the other day that she is going to be an Actor.  They play "Director May I" instead of "Mother May I".  She told her little sister that a director was the one that gave instructions to the actors.   She is looking forward to turning eight.  Then she can audition for the Children's Theater plays.  I'm off to a quilt show this weekend.  Hope to post pictures next week.

4 comments:

Annesphamily said...

Terrific fabric postcard! I love it! Now you better join my postcard exchange, Talented Terrific Lady that you are! Happy weekend! Anne

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very pretty. And I love that fabric accordian book. Hope you are having a great weekend. Best wishes, Tammy

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Pam,

Love this postcard. The technique that you used to make the flower turned out really neat. Happy to hear your GD's are enjoying summer camp.
I posted the Cinco de Mayo quilt that I made for you, on my blog.Hope you are enjoying it. Hugs

Unknown said...

I love this...the rolled flower looks so real and the fabric is perfect for it...you make the best postcards....