DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Letter "L" Quiltie - Luminescent Layers


This is my quiltie for the Letter "L".  The theme was layers.  I decided to use this layered flower and blackground that I had made during an online class.  It is mounted on a layer of felt with a fabric backing.   I named the quiltie "Luminescent Layers".

 The background is painted fusible web.  I layered parts of silk flowers on top of the painted fusible web.  The next layer is angelina.  These are covered with a layer of tulle which is stitched to the background with Sulky's Holoshimmer thread.  Beads were then glued to the center of the flower.  This piece was stitched to the felt and fabric quiltie.   I think you will agree that my "Luminescent Layers" quiltie has LOTS-A-LAYERS.  It will go in the mail to Penny (our hostess) on Monday.  The group is Fabric in Altered Art 2.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello and a very happy (belated) Pink Saturday to you!!

It's a very hot summerday in The Netherlands and I'm enjoying all pink posts in the garden! Love Es XX

The Artful Diva said...

That's a beautiful quilt and a very nice gift!

Unknown said...

I love the layers....I like to make this kind of thing to just play with...( the layered background) it turned out great...