I made this little tablerunner yesterday. A few years ago I made a quilted wallhanging from these blocks. I found the block pattern on the web and used a charm pack. I used most of the squares. While organizing my studio I found these leftovers in a bag and stitched into a tablerunner. The backing and binding are leftover fabric from a tote bag.
I decided to use a stipple stitch. It's been quite awhile since I did stippling but I think it turned out nicely. I stippled with the backing facing up. I find the blocks sometimes get in the way of free motion stitching. By stitching on the back, you still get lovely stitches on the top. I continue to use my scraps and leftovers. It is fun to see what you can come up with. I'm now working a a few squares using a circular template and scraps from the scrap basket.