DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Friday, August 13, 2010

Countdown to Christmas Match Box Swap





I recently signed up for the Countdown to Christmas Match Box Swap.  I purchased my match boxes at the Dollar Store this week.  Today made my first box.  I wanted to try out my ideas and see if they would work.  I painted the inside sliding section with green paint and added a ribbon hanger and a drawer pull made from a gold brad and pony bead.  I covered the outer box with Christmas sheet music, added Stickles glitter, gold trim, and a Christmas embellishment.  I distressed the edges with Ranger Distress ink.  I'm quite pleased with the prototype and think I'll use this basic idea for my other boxes.

We are to put a little something special in each box.  I working on collecting my special items to include.  What a fun way to celebrate the holidays.  We will receive 25 match boxes from 25 different people. 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Too durn cute! I love it.
TTFN ~ have a wonderful summer weekend ~
Hugs, Marydon

Nanna said...

what a neat swap!
Helen

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Very cute! What fun that will be. And you are way ahead of the game. Sweet! have a great weekend. Tammy

Unknown said...

I love it and your beach tray!!! someone will be lucky to be your partner pam!

Linda said...

I love it!