I made these leaves on my Janome 11000 embroidery machine this week. Aren't they lovely. Today I experimented with using metallic threads on the leaves. Most worked but I did have difficulty with the Sulky Sliver Metallic. However, the Sulky Holoshimmer worked great.
These are made with John Deer's 3D Effects Fall Leaves. The designs are embroidered on a sandwich of two layers of sparkle organza and Sulky Untra Solvy.
I trimmed the designs with my applique scissors and then traced around the edge with a soldering iron.
The last step was to remove most of the solvy and air dry. I think they are quite realistic. I made 28 leaves and will use them in my fall decorations. A fun project and it allowed me to experiment with various threads.