DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

HALLOWEEN BANNER



I made this Halloween banner for our front porch.  It is hanging above the large window at the front of our home.  (Please ignore the dirty windows)  It was very simple to make.  I had originally thought I would use vintage ephemera on the banner but when I started I fell in love with the simplicity of the flags.  The flags are made from black and orange card stock (probably will fade in the sun)  I found the letters on line and sized to the appropriate size on my printer.  The original letters didn't have the bold outer edge or black details on the skeleton.  I did these with a black Sharpie (most time consuming part of project).  I cut a template for the flags.  Orange and black flags were cut front he same template but I trimmed the edges of the orange with Fiskar edging tool.  As a final touch I glued ball fringe to the top with Ultimate Glue.  I used a hole punch to punch a hole prior to attaching the ball fringe.  A black and white checked ribbon was threaded through the holes. 

It looks perfect on the front porch over my white four poster bench.  At present a basket of fall vegetables sits on the bench with a pot of gold flowers.  Later this week I will add some Halloween decorations to the bench and front porch to accompany the banner.

I've been asked to provide tutorials for some of my craft projects.  If time allows, I will post a tutorial for this project.  You can always email if you have questions.

3 comments:

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Adorable project, Pam~ and I love the pom-poms!

Unknown said...

this is so fun and bright.....I love the orange....

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Pam,

Love the Halloween Banner. It really looks simple to make. :)
Hugs