DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mother's Day Vintage Brooch Swap


I have joined the  Mother's Day Vintage Brooch Swap at A Swap for All Seasons.  For more info click the link on the left.  Linda recently posted a picture of her vintage jewelry box filled with vintage brooches and pins.  I liked the idea and collected some of my vintage brooches and pins and have displayed this in one of my vintage jewelry boxes.  This is a photo of the filled jewelry box.  She asked us to share one of our favorite brooches.  Here is one of mine.

This lovely gold-tone brooch belonged to my Mama (grandma on my dad's side).  She loved jewelry and never left the house without at least one piece of jewelry.  When she passed away, I was able to get a few things from her jewelry box for my sister's and I.  This is the brooch that I selected.  Throughout this swap, I will share some of the brooches from my collection.  Some belonged to me, some to my mom, and others I purchased at thrift stores and garage sales.  My partner for this swap is Sarah in Oregon.

2 comments:

PeggyR said...

WOW those are lovely. I didn't get in on this swap this time around.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

My Mammaw had a jewelry box like that filled with broaches and clip earrings. The girl cousins and I always loved to go into her bedroom and try everything on. I'm not sure where it ended up after she passed away.

Love the quilt in your previous post. Such a wonderful way to remember someone who is gone. A good friend here had the same thing done with some of her grandmother's clothes -- someone made memory wall quilts for all the family members. Really special!

Hope you have a great weekend. :) Tammy