Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Another "Apron All"

A week or so ago, I posted about an idea I had for recycled/altered overalls for children. I did a sample one and posted the picture here. I have since added vintage rick rack on the apron edge and removed the buckles from the straps. I made buttonholes and sewed on vintage green buttons. I will be listing it on etsy.

The "Apron All" above was made from a recycled overall and a vintage children's apron. I removed the pocket from the apron and sewed it to the top of the overall. I then cut the apron to a shorter length and gathered to a new waistband cut from the left over skirt. I shortened the ties and attached to the waistband. On this garment, I left the buckles as they were. This item will also be listed on etsy.