DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Art Quilt -Mixed Media


This is an art quilt I made for a swap on Fabric in Altered Arts yahoo group. The background quilt was a demo piece I used over a year ago. I gave a short demo on Scrapbook Quilts at the grand opening of Granny's Attic in Campbellsville, Kentucky in 2007. I decided it was time to put the cute little quilt to use. Quilt fabric is reproduction fabric from Granny's. The photo is a mistake. I decided to try photo transfer using a transparency and it didn't work. Maybe for a variety of reasons (one being, I had no idea what I was doing!) At any rate when the transparency didn't transfer, I just left the transparency and sewed it onto the quilt. The background is distorted because of the failed transfer but I liked the look. The photo is from one of the free image sites on the internet. The embellishments are from my stash. All purchased at my favorite thrift stores.