DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Crocheted Scarf



This is a scarf I crocheted for my daughter-in-law's birthday.  As I posted in the past, her favorite color is purple.  I saw this lovely soft yarn at JoAnn's earlier this month and decided to crochet a scarf.  I looked at several patterns but decided to just use a simple double crochet and let the yarn do the rest.  I'm so pleased with the results.  It is so soft and I'm sure she will enjoy having it around her neck on cool mornings here in the desert.

I did a lot of crocheting in past but hadn't picked up a needle in years until last fall when I made a few of the crocheted dish cloths from cotton yarn.  Now that I'm back in the groove, I purchased wool yarn and  will crochet another scaft while on a cruise next month. 


2 comments:

CC said...

Pam, your scarf is so pretty, I love the soft color..

Sue McPeak said...

I'm with your DIL...love anything purple and that yarn is so nice and soft. I switch around from crochet, knitting and needlepoint. As a result I get lots of thing started and have lots of WIP's. Then all of a sudden things get finished about the same time.