Just completed the pillowcover. I'm quite pleased with the results. I decided to add some of the lace from the vintage tablecloth around the edges of the pillow. Hardest part was removing the lace without cutting the edge of the lace. The lace had been attached to the tablecloth with very small handstitching. Now to purchase a pillowform for the cover and the birthday gift is complete.
I'm so pleased that I completed the entire project by using items in my studio. That's one of my goals this year. So far I'm having fun using my stash. I organized my studio over the weekend but now you can hardly tell it with projects going on!