DARE TO BE CREATIVE!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Valentine Garland



These Valentines were made for a swap on Fabric in Altered Arts 2.  Cathy, our hostess, provided the heart pattern and we were to design fabric hearts to exchange.  The hearts are approximately 5".  The hearts will become a Valentine Garland.  I used items in my studio.  The photo transfers were left over from a project last year.  The hearts have a fabric front and back.  I keep doublesided fusible Timtex in my studio for this type of project.  Fabrics are from my fabric stash and trims from stash of trims.  Most of the decorative trims in my stash have been purchased at the thrift store.  Usually they are small pieces and perfect for these small projects.  I used my Bernina 165 to satin stitch the edges. 

2 comments:

Unseen India Tours said...

Beautiful Art Work !! Nice Design !! Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

You will have to post a picture when you have your garland up...I would love to see it......Yours turned out really well, someone will be really happy to get them!